db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: data lost with ij
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:02:26 GMT
RAPPAZ Francois wrote:
> Using ij, I create a database, then I build a table and populate it with a serie of insert
statement. Without doing anything else I disconnect (that take a long time) and I exit.

> When I reconnect and run a select * from table; I got nothing in the table...
> If run that select statement after the inserts, the bug does not appear.
>
> Is this a known problem ?

Hello,

It is not a know problem that data disappear if you committed the
transaction.
A few starting points:
  - Was autocommit on? If not, did you commit the transaction?
  - Are you sure you're connecting to the same database?
  - Are you connecting to the database using the same user name?
    (the user name determines the default schema)

You may also want to read derby.log, and maybe enable SQL statement text
logging to see what's going on.

Regards,
--
Kristian