db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Problem with Derby Embedded Server
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:22:48 GMT
balcerman wrote:
> OK I did it :D
>

> the problem is that setting the property
> derby.drda.startNetworkServer=true
>
> doesnt work to me, but when I added the following lines to my application:
>
> import org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl;
> import java.net.InetAddress;
> NetworkServerControl server = new NetworkServerControl
> 	(InetAddress.getByName("localhost"),1527);
> server.start(null);

Hi,

Good to see that you made it work :)
I believe it should work by setting the properties as well.
Did you specify the property (or properties) in the derby.properties
file, or as Java system properties (either on the command line or using
System.setProperty *before* the JDBC driver is loaded)?

If you used the file, maybe it was located in the wrong place such that
the properties in it didn't get loaded?

Regards,
--
Kristian