db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Migrating IBM Cloudscape to Version 10 - Issue
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:15:29 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:

> I agree with Kristian; it sounds like you may have lost some indexes.
>
> Accidentally losing some important indexes during the migration would
> make your database smaller and slower.
>
> Perhaps run 'dblook' against the new database, and verify the physical
> schema against the physical schema of the old database (was there a
> version
> of dblook for Cloudscape? probably. So maybe you can run dblook against
> both and diff the output.)

As I recall the tool will stop and fail to continue if it encounters a
compatibility issue that it cannot resolve, but I think it spits out an
error before stopping.   It's been a long time so I don't remember all
the details.

Also,  after converting I suggest you upgrade to 10.5 to take advantage
of performance and other fixes and get onto an official Apache release.

Thanks

Kathey