db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Migrating IBM Cloudscape to Version 10 - Issue
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:14:21 GMT
>  1. The migrate derby Database size is reduced to 50.1 Giga bytes(which
> was 73.1GB with cloudscape)
>  2. My Application become dead slow at the DB interaction layer

I agree with Kristian; it sounds like you may have lost some indexes.

Accidentally losing some important indexes during the migration would
make your database smaller and slower.

Perhaps run 'dblook' against the new database, and verify the physical
schema against the physical schema of the old database (was there a version
of dblook for Cloudscape? probably. So maybe you can run dblook against
both and diff the output.)

thanks,

bryan