db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Leroux <s...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: ERROR 42X51 class not found
Date Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:36:24 GMT
Ok, Thomas:

> 7) opened a second root terminal session and copied my folder derbyPk and the
> all files included from my windows machine to the server as
> :/var/lib/derby/db-derby-10.5.3.0-bin/lib/derbyPk

I missed that. Sorry. So you are not using a JAR. But still worth trying:
>>  derby$  java derbyPk.Functions

And check permissions. Just to be sure this is a Derby configuration problem.

----

Otherwise, is the problem specific to Derby network server, or did you have the
same behaviour while trying to create your function in standalone mode:
ij> CONNECT 'jdbc:derby:/tmp/test; create=true';
ij> CREATE PROCEDURE "TF_Clients_AI2"(IN iRowID integer, IN vcClientID varchar(16),
IN vcClientName varchar(64))
LANGUAGE JAVA
   PARAMETER STYLE JAVA
   MODIFIES SQL DATA
   EXTERNAL NAME 'derbyPk.Functions.TF_Clients_AI2(java.lang.Integer,
java.lang.String, java.lang.String)';
ij> CALL "TF_Clients_AI2"(.....);
     ^^
What happens here?