db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Leroux <s...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Recursive query on common table
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 14:23:39 GMT
Hi,

Here is a quick and dirty class I wrote yesterday in order to experiment with
the (very useful) table function wrappers provided by Rick.

This function will return the list of all children from a given node (through
the relation Zones.ref <--> Zones.parent).
The table name and the column that serves as reference to the parent node are
all hard coded. But I think you might be found that useful.

Please note that in it current implementation, it could be used both for trees
and graphs containing cycles.

Hope this helps,
Sylvain.

--