db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: stored procedure without storing jar in database
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:50:10 GMT
Hi Vitalik,

I think that the -jar switch may be overriding the -cp switch. This is
what the tool documentation for the -jar switch says: "When you use this
option, the JAR file is the source of all user classes, and other user
class path settings are ignored." Try wiring the Derby jars into your
CLASSPATH and boot the vm with the -cp switch but not the -jar switch.

Hope this helps,
-Rick

Vitalik wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As said in http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySQLroutines, it is not
> necessary to load jar files in database to create stored procedures.
> If jar is in application classpath it is enought. But I have a trouble
> when I try to call my stored procedure from ij.
> So I try this:
>
> 1. Write java class test.MyClass with method public static void
> testMethod(int p1, int p2)
> 2. Compile storedprocs.jar with MyClass inside
> 3. Create stored proc in database
>
> CREATE PROCEDURE testProc(IN KW1 INTEGER, IN KW2 INTEGER)
> PARAMETER STYLE JAVA
> MODIFIES SQL DATA
> LANGUAGE JAVA
> DYNAMIC RESULT SETS 0
> EXTERNAL NAME 'test.MyClass.testMethod';
>
> 4. start ij with the script
>
> @echo off
> if defined DERBY_HOME (
>
>  SET CLASSPATH=C:\projects\storedprocs.jar
>  sysinfo -cp embedded test.MyClass.class
>  java -Dclasspath=%CLASSPATH% -Dij.connection.mydb=jdbc:derby:mydb"
> -jar "%DERBY_HOME%\lib\derbyrun.jar" ij
>
> ) else (
> ECHO DERBY_HOME is not defined!
> )
>
> sysinfo -cp embedded test.MyClass.class tells me that MyClass is in classpath.
>
> but when I try to call procedure I get an exception

This can happen if the class is not public.