db-derby-user mailing list archives

From balcerman <balcer...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: Problem with Derby Embedded Server
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:09:15 GMT

OK I did it :D

the problem is that setting the property
derby.drda.startNetworkServer=true

doesnt work to me, but when I added the following lines to my application:

import org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl;
import java.net.InetAddress;
NetworkServerControl server = new NetworkServerControl
	(InetAddress.getByName("localhost"),1527);
server.start(null);

the Derby started to work as embedded server (which means that it is started
by the application that contains these lines above and stopped while this
application disconnects from Derby) but additionally you can connect to it
via the port 1527, as in Network Server case :)

So the problem is solved to me.