db-derby-user mailing list archives

From balcerman <balcer...@wp.pl>
Subject Problem with Derby Embedded Server
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:03:38 GMT

Hello,

I'm trying to launch Derby Embedded Server - Dervy version which you can use
as both Embedded and Network Server.

The description is here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/DerbyTut/ns_intro.html#Embedded+Server

The problem is that I apparently can't launch it properly, since still I am
able to connect with it in one way at one time - with Apache Derby Embedded
driver or with Apache Derby Client driver, but not with both of them at
once.

I get the stack trace ('derbyEmbeddedServer' is my database name,
'C:\Program Files\Sun\JavaDB\bin\derbyEmbeddedServer' is where my database
is created):

java.sql.SQLException: DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XJ040,
SQLERRMC: Failed to start database 'derbyEmbeddedServer', see the next
exception for details.::SQLSTATE: XSDB6Another instance of Derby may have
already booted the database C:\Program
Files\Sun\JavaDB\bin\derbyEmbeddedServer.
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
	at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDriverManager.getConnection(SQLDriverManager.java:133)
	at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.execute(OpenConnectionCommand.java:97)
	at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.ConnectToAliasCommand$SheetHandler.run(ConnectToAliasCommand.java:280)
	at
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.util.TaskExecuter.run(TaskExecuter.java:82)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: DERBY SQL error:
SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XJ040, SQLERRMC: Failed to start database
'derbyEmbeddedServer', see the next exception for details.::SQLSTATE:
XSDB6Another instance of Derby may have already booted the database
C:\Program Files\Sun\JavaDB\bin\derbyEmbeddedServer.
	at org.apache.derby.client.am.Connection.completeSqlca(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnectionReply.parseRdbAccessFailed(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnectionReply.parseAccessRdbError(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnectionReply.parseACCRDBreply(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnectionReply.readAccessDatabase(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.readSecurityCheckAndAccessRdb(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.flowSecurityCheckAndAccessRdb(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.flowUSRIDPWDconnect(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.flowConnect(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetConnection40.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.client.net.ClientJDBCObjectFactoryImpl40.newNetConnection(Unknown
Source)
	... 6 more

Has anyone launched Derby Embedded Server successfully?
If so, may I ask for some steps on how to do that?