Hi Nilesh,

I'm not sure how the JDBC connection string you mentioned would have worked for you.

As far as I'm aware, this is not supported by Derby - you should have gotten an ERROR 08001: No suitable driver exception.

Maybe you are using a 3rd party product to achieve auto connection failover at the client level? sequoia does support a fairly similar syntax, where you can have more than 1 controller for a virtual database within a Sequoia realm, such as:
jdbc:sequoia://127.0.0.1:25322, 127.0.0.1:25323/wombat

The only failover mechanism supported by Derby during replication is a manual one where the slave can become accessible as a regular database endpoint (using the 'failover' connection property), see:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/adminguide/adminguide-single.html#cadminreplicfailover

Regards

--francois