Hi,

I am using the later derby 10.5.1 version. I read about the replication & failover mechanisms in the product manuals.

I had a few queries regarding the network client usage.

  1. I tried multiple host/port pairs in the connection string. My connection string looks like the following

jdbc:derby://host1:1534/sample1, host2:1534/sample2; create=true;

            Derby did accept such a connection string and established connection with the first entry. What I would like to know is in case node “host-1” goes down will the network client failover to the “host-2” database. I was looking for the auto failover capability rather than the “warm standby” mentioned in the manuals.

  1. In the above connection string representation, if “host-1:1534/sample1” is non rechable at the time of client connection. Will the client move to the 2nd entry and try to establish connection with “host2:1534/sample2”
  2. If point 2 can be accomplished can I simulate the auto failover using reconnect timeout ie to say that once host-1 goes down the client will try to establish connection again and connect with the second entry ( “host2/sample2) as the first entry is unreachable.

Regards,

Nilesh Ranade