db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Tarek Khalil <tarek.saber...@gmail.com>
Subject Inquiry
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 03:00:21 GMT
Dear Sir,
I will just give a brief introduction of myself, I am currently a student in
IT College with Major of Software Engineering. I am in my final year of
studies, I made a proposal of building a database engine in Java, it won't
be a large database engine but I would narrow the scope to include the most
basic modules to support my proposal as the final product should act as a
lightweight database engine, I made a plan in which I will spend two months
on my research (Reading & Recording my notes) and I got some good resources
to understand the database inner workings.

I only have few questions regarding some issues for my research, I will list
them as the following:

   - Are these the most important topics (Data Structures, Physical Design
   of the Database, XML Technology) that I should concentrate on reading that
   would help provide me with good knowledge to start implementing the Database
   Engine ?
   - What is your recommendation on what is the best start on researching
   about this project?
   - What will be the obstacles that I may face while building the system?
   - What are the steps that I should consider while going into the whole
   process?

Thanks alot for your time.

Waiting for your rely.

Tarek Khalil