db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Lily Wei <lily...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: Database version
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 15:38:48 GMT
Hi Stefan:
>Are there any drawbacks for using "upgrade=true" in the connection for any db-connection
of our app?
  Glad to know you are getting the database version. Isn't it cool?

  I am not sure regarding the circumstance your application do "upgrade=true". As far as
I know, "upgrade=true" is doing a hard copy. Once perform, your database is upgrade to the
new version of derby you are running at. I found some document relate to hard upgrade http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-2506/gfheb?a=view.

Hope this help,
Lily