db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Francois Orsini <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use Derby for an application which runs on CD?
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 19:05:09 GMT
Hi Sarah,

Yes, you can have a Derby database as part of a ZIP / JAR archive and access
it in read-only mode.

More information below:

In-Memory Derby storage is experimental in 10.5.x - Here you can read some
documentation primer about it:

You can create / load an in-memory database from a backup, see Knut Anders's
blog entry for more information:

Hope this helps