db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Francois Orsini <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use Derby for an application which runs on CD?
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 19:05:09 GMT
Hi Sarah,

Yes, you can have a Derby database as part of a ZIP / JAR archive and access
it in read-only mode.

More information below:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/devguide-single.html#cdevdeploy15325

In-Memory Derby storage is experimental in 10.5.x - Here you can read some
documentation primer about it:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/InMemoryBackEndPrimer

You can create / load an in-memory database from a backup, see Knut Anders's
blog entry for more information:
http://blogs.sun.com/kah/entry/derby_10_5_preview_in

Hope this helps

--francois