db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Francois Orsini <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby shutdown
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:52:21 GMT
You have to set it _if_ you have defined Derby's BUILT-IN user
authentication at the System level (e.g. setting username / password in
derby.properties file) versus having defined users at the database level
(e.g. database-level properties) - note that both types of users are NOT
exclusive, meaning you can have users defined at the system and database
levels.

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/devguide-single.html#cdevcsecure37817

"Setting the property as a system-wide property creates system-wide users.
Setting the property as a database-wide property creates users for a single
database only."

See database-level properties versus system-level ones:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/devguide-single.html#cdevcsecure21547

Hope this helps

--francois