db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: SQLException: Syntax error: Encountered "<EOF>" at line 1, column 19.
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:47:11 GMT
jstrunk wrote:
> I was coding "create procedure show_suppliers ...." and the error went away
> when I changed it to
> "create procedure show_suppliers() ....". Does that make sense?
It is like declaring a method with no arguments in Java: you still need
an empty argument list.
> There are no
> parms on the method but I saw the parens in a syntax diagram and thought
> they might be required anyway.
>
> The sample code I am using seems to be full of errors which makes it very
> hard to learn from.
> Does anyone have working sample programs that use JBDC and to create, store,
> and run a SQLJ stored procedure?

Try looking at the "scores" demo which is in the Derby source code under
java/demo/scores. In particular,
java/demo/scores/java/client/org/apache/derbyDemo/scores/data/Database.java
will give you examples of how to declare Derby functions and procedures.
The main class of that application shows you how to use functions and
procedures at runtime:
java/demo/scores/java/client/org/apache/derbyDemo/scores/app/Scores.java.

Hope this helps,
-Rick