db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Add an identity colum
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:01:31 GMT
Hi André,

Currently, Derby does not let you add an identity column to a table. It
is a disabled feature. There is an outstanding JIRA for re-enabling this
capability: DERBY-3888. I suspect that it is not a lot of work. I am
sure that the community would give you lots of advice if you decided to
tackle this issue yourself. Alternatively, if enough people vote for
this issue, it would percolate to the top of our to-do list.

Thanks,
-Rick