db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: StackOverflowError for large Scrollable result sets
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:56:05 GMT
> java.lang.StackOverflowError
>    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:317)
>    at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:116)
>    at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.io.LimitInputStream.read(Unknown

That's a very interesting stack trace, thanks for including it!

I think it would be great if you could open an issue in Jira, and
include as much of this information as possible.

http://db.apache.org/derby/DerbyBugGuidelines.html

If you can include as much of the stack trace from derby.log, even
the lines that seem repetitive, I think that would be quite useful.

Of course, please elide the parts that touch on confidential or
proprietary parts of your application.

Regarding your other question, about whether you are the only person
who's experiencing this problem, or using these features in this way,
I'm afraid I don't know. Scrollable result sets have been around
for a while, although there was substantial work done on them in 10.2
and 10.3, I believe.

But I certainly haven't seen this particular behavior before.

thanks,

bryan