db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Leroux <s...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: permission denied on derby.log
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 20:33:14 GMT
Hi,

> Also, I do not understand, why "ERROR XBM0H: Directory /root/db_books cannot
> be created" has path "root" as prefix. There is no single directory named
> "root" anywhere.
Since there is no answer yet, let me try a totally hypothetical guess: are you,
by any chance, working as root under Linux/Unix?

In that case, it might be possible that at some point during the development
process, some path relative to your home directory was turned into an absolute
path. That would explain that unexpected /root/db_books path...

/Or/, was your deployment on your provider's space done under the root identity?
It could have lead to set at some point the starting directory for your
application as /root. And if as I imagine (hope?) Tomcat does not have root
privileges, it cannot write to that directory...

As I stated first, all of this is highly speculative!
Sylvain

--
Website: http://www.chicoree.fr