db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Use Derby for an application which runs on CD?
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 19:13:16 GMT
Hi Sarah,

It should be possible to use Derby the way you describe (in-memory,
faulted-in from disk). Right now you need to use backup and restore to
snapshot and re-instantiate an in-memory database. Making this easier to
do is on our list of possible enhancements for the next feature release,
10.6.

Hope this helps,
-Rick