db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: StackOverflowError for large Scrollable result sets
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:30:36 GMT
> Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: DERBY SQL error:
> SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XJ001, SQLERRMC:
> java.lang.StackOverflowErrorXJ001.U
>    at org.apache.derby.client.am.ResultSet.completeSqlca(Unknown Source)

Is there a more detailed exception trace in your derby.log file?

I'd expect to see a stack trace with hundreds, perhaps thousands, of
stack frames in it, which is what I usually see in the cases where I've
had stack overflow errors. Usually such a stack trace makes it pretty
easy to see where there is code that is re-entering itself (possibly
indirectly), and causing the stack overflow.

If you can't find a more detailed exception trace in the derby.log
file, here's another thing you can try to do to get more information:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UnwindExceptionChain

thanks,

bryan