db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Leroux <s...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Accent-insensitive searches
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:58:09 GMT
Salut Jylaxx,

dev@xx a écrit :

> Well I found part of the answer by my own.
> So the jar need to be in the jre lib/ext directory.
> Is that compulsory ? I deploy all my application in only one directory,
> it is really a problem to have to put something into the jre/lib/ext  !!
>
> jylaxx

You may override the standard Java property java.ext.dirs to specify an
other directory for your Java extensions:

java -Djava.ext.dirs=/path/to/my/ext ...

Starting with JDK6 (I think), you may even specify several directories:
java -Djava.ext.dirs=/path/to/my/ext:/usr/local/lib/java/ext ...

See:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ext/basics/install.html

Kind regards,
Sylvain