db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby in-memory back end - where to go next?
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 18:13:05 GMT
Hi Kristian,

Here's another piece of feedback: Last night I gave an overview of Derby
to the San Francisco Java User's Group. A developer asked whether the
growth of the in-memory database could be bounded. He had a use case
which we didn't explore in depth but which involved periodically
truncating the database. I asked him to bring his requirements to the
Derby user list so that we could feed them into your spec effort. Here
are my takeaways:

* It would be great to be able to bound the growth of the in-memory db

* It would be great if the memory occupied by deleted records could be
released

Thanks,
-Rick