db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Alan Burlison <Alan.Burli...@sun.com>
Subject Re: 'Read timed out' error on update query
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 19:09:00 GMT
Dag H. Wanvik wrote:

>> Environment: Derby 10.5.3.0
>>
>> I'm trying to do a large update, and after about 15 seconds the update
>> statement fails with the following error:
>>
>> Error: A communications error has been detected: Read timed out.
>> SQLState:  08006
>
> Could it be DERBY-2026?

Yep, that's it- I'm using SQuirreL to issue the SQL and I notice it has
a logout timeout setting.  I've set that to 0 which means disabled, and
now the update completes, although it still takes an absolute age:

12,957 Row(s) Updated
Query 10 of 12 elapsed time (seconds) - Total: 327.772, SQL query:
327.772, Building output: 0

Thanks.

--
Alan Burlison