db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: LINUX Hang on creation - ERROR XBM0J Directory already exists on second load
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 09:20:10 GMT
dev@xx wrote:
> Hi,
> I have developped my application under Windows XP and everything is
> working correctly.
> Now I start testing under LINUX but without success.
> When I start first time the embedded driver with create=true option,
> the application hang but the database seams created, except that the
> service.properties file doesn't exists (compare to Windows files).

Hello,

What you describe looks similar to

To start with a few general things:
 - Does creating and then booting the database work when using ij only?
   (ij is the Derby command line tool)
 - Are you sure the application code isn't touching the database
directory or the services.properties file?
 - Is it possible to limit DBCP to a single connection?
  (rule out race conditions during creation/boot)
 - Is it hard for you to switch to the client driver?
   (for testing only, and remember to start the network server)
 - Have you tried your application on several Linux machines, or only one?
 - Are you able to write something that will monitor your system for all
accesses to the service.properties?
   (i.e something like DTrace on Solaris).
   The fact that the file doesn't exist may be a problem...

Regards,
--
Kristian

> The derby.log seams "normal" :
> 2009-09-03 08:42:56.580 GMT:
>  Booting Derby version The Apache Software Foundation - Apache Derby -
> 10.5.1.1 - (764942): instance a816c00e-0123-7f12-1804-00002387de98 on
> database directory /home/idaxx/demo/srv/db/dataxx
> Database Class Loader started - derby.database.classpath=''
>
> When I restart the application I have the ERROR XBM0J. So it seams
> that the creation is uncomplete.
> The derby.log is :
> 2009-09-03 08:45:04.951 GMT
> Thread[WrapperListener_start_runner,5,main] Cleanup action starting
> ERROR XBM0J: Directory
> /home/idaxx/demo/srv/db//home/idaxx/demo/srv/db/dataxx already exists.
>         at
> org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.StorageFactoryService$9.run(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.StorageFactoryService.createServiceRoot(Unknown
Source)