db-derby-user mailing list archives

From T K <sanokist...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Abandoning Derby - thank you all for your support
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:56:00 GMT
Just this list.

________________________________
From: Peter Ondruška <peter.ondruska@gmail.com>
To: Derby Discussion <derby-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:14:38 AM
Subject: Re: Abandoning Derby - thank you all for your support

TK, did you work on the issues with Sun Support? Or did you just rely on free resources on
mailing list? Thanks. Peter

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 3:51 PM, T K <sanokistoka@yahoo.com> wrote:

Unfortunately, because of the unexpected growth of some tables with dead rows - due in part
to unresolved bugs 691, 4054, 4055 (and even resolved ones like 4050 which we do not benefit
from, i.e. we are still seeing unexpected table growth with concurrent updates) - which are
hitting us very hard (e.g. estimated query costs growing into the hundreds of thousands and
some in the 20+ million within days with just a dozen live rows in those tables, even when
after creating otherwise-unnecessary indices for direct access), plus other issues where the
compress table stored proc isn't reclaiming the dead space unless we really bring the application
server down, we have to abandon Derby, and I just wanted to thank you all for your support.