db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "dev@xx" <...@proxiflex.fr>
Subject Derby shutdown
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:20:38 GMT
Hi,
The documentation says : << Applications in an embedded environment shut down the Derby
system by specifying the shutdown=true attribute in the connection URL. To shut down the system,
you do not specify a database name, and **you must not specify any other attribute**.>>
Even if authentication is enabled it doesn't seams that you have to set the user/password
attributes, only database shutdown needs these attributes.
In fact I HAVE TO set the user/password attributes to shutdown the system or I have a "Connection
authentication failure occurred" exception.

So my question is : is-it an error in the documentation or a bug or a misunderstanding ?

Thanks,

JY Linet