db-derby-user mailing list archives

From anarres <jg...@web.de>
Subject permission denied on derby.log
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 17:25:34 GMT

Hi,
I am trying to deploy a little test application on tomcat. It uses GWT
servlet technology and embedded derby as database. On my local system
everything works fine.

But if I deploy the application at my provider's space, tomcats catalina.out
log file says:
-------------
java.io.FileNotFoundException: derby.log (Permission denied)
2009-09-14 16:52:28.065 GMT Thread[TP-Processor3,5,main] Cleanup action
starting
ERROR XBM0H: Directory /root/db_books cannot be created.
The file derby.log has read- and write permissions and is situated inside
tomcat/webapps/testapplication/

Also, I do not understand, why "ERROR XBM0H: Directory /root/db_books cannot
be created" has path "root" as prefix. There is no single directory named
"root" anywhere.

I searched for 2 days for a solution, every hint or tip from you is highly
appreciated.

thanks you.