db-derby-user mailing list archives

From josu <josu.eh.mo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accent-insensitive searches
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:10:38 GMT

Thanks Sylvain and Knut for your answers.

Sylvain Leroux wrote:

> Maybe you should try with a more recent version of Derby (?)

Looks like Knut tried and succeeded using version 10.4.2.0...

Sylvain Leroux wrote:

> Otherwise, check that you've specified your custom collator at DB
> creation time. Not when booting the DB: since even if you specify an
> other collator when you boot an existing DB, it's still the collator
> specified at creation time that is used.

That's the way I'm doing it

Sylvain Leroux wrote:

> Finally, the most doubtful one: accent difference might be a PRIMARY
> difference for the default es_ES collator (??). But, that would be
> really surprising...

I already checked that the collator works right when setting strength to
PRIMARY

Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:

> You can verify that the database was created with the correct territory
> and collation by evaluating this in IJ and see that "TERRITORY_BASED" is
> returned:
> And also check that service.properties in the database directory
> contains the following line:
>
> derby.serviceLocale=es_ES_accentinsensitive

I checked both, and they're ok. But the result of the queries is still
accent-sensitive. I'm working with Windows XP and it seems you're working
with Linux, could that be the reason of the different behaviour?

Thanks again for your help,

Josu Larrea