db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "dev@xx" <...@proxiflex.fr>
Subject Re: Accent-insensitive searches
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:57:15 GMT
Bonsoir Sylvain,

I was just starting to look for the way to implement case insensitive and
accent insensitive SELECT in Derby when I received this mail.

I tried what you suggest but I can't make it working. I kown, it is not a
purely Derby question but I guess that those who are not familiar with spi
may have the same problem, so I post on this mailing list.

I have defined my jar with the META-INF file and ServiceLoader.load(
java.text.spi.CollatorProvider.class ) call is returning my class correctly.
Anyway Derby throw ERROR XBM04 as it can't find my provider.
I search into the java API source and found that
ServiceLoader.loadInstalled() was called by
sun.util.LocaleServiceProviderPool (Locale.getAvailableLocales())
And javadoc says : "This method is intended for use when only installed
providers are desired. The resulting service will only find and load
providers that have been installed into the current Java virtual machine;
providers on the application's class path will be ignored."

Does that mean I have to deploy my jar CollatorProvider somewhere else than
in the application class path ? It should be a deployment problem for me...
What means "installed into the current Java virtual machine" ?

It is a shame that DERBY doesn't implement an easier way to do such frequent
action. A case insensitive, accent insensitive behaviour option **should
be** a standard DERBY feature (as SQL Server has and ORACLE don't have) !

Thanks

jylaxx