db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Stefan Rehlig" <reh...@lemonage.de>
Subject AW: Database version
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 13:14:28 GMT
Ok. I got it. It's one call "values syscs_util.syscs_get_database_property('DataDictionaryVersion');".
Thanks for the hint.

Are there any drawbacks for using "upgrade=true" in the connection for any db-connection of
our app?

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Knut.Hatlen@Sun.COM [mailto:Knut.Hatlen@Sun.COM]
Gesendet: Montag, 7. September 2009 13:28
An: Derby Discussion
Betreff: Re: Database version

Stefan Rehlig <rehlig@lemonage.de> writes:

> Hi,
> how can i get the number of the derby version, that was used to create the
> database? Is there any sys procedure available?

The query below may help. It tells you the version of the data
dictionary, which corresponds to the Derby version that created the
database. If you have upgraded the database later (booted the database
with a higher version and specified the upgrade=true connection
attribute), it will show the version to which it was upgraded, and not
the version that created it.

ij> values syscs_util.syscs_get_database_property('DataDictionaryVersion');

1 row selected

Knut Anders

View raw message