If you are referring to the properties:

derby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel=0
derby.language.logStatementText=true

Then yes, in my post yesterday with the attachment (derby.log), those properties were enabled.  I assume they would output to the derby.log not somewhere else?

The error is actually producing on 10.5.2.0.  I was seeing it on 10.5.1.1 and so I upgraded to see if it went away, but it is the same.

-Brett