Kathey,

Attached is the derby.log file with the following debug parameters:

derby.drda.traceAll=true
derby.debug.true=LogTrace,XATrace,DaemonTrace,TranTrace
derby.drda.debug=true
derby.drda.traceDirectory=serverTraces
derby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel=0
derby.language.logStatementText=true

The "problem" occurs as a result of a user initiated action starting at 2009-08-03 09:37:03.406 in the log.  I inserted a few blank lines before this section so it will be easier to find.  Note, prior to that in the log is actually a successful run of the same action.  It is the second execution of that same action that fails.  I'm not sure it's important -- I believe sometime the problem occurs on the first run after a fresh server start.

-Brett