db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Running stats while online
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:19:01 GMT
T K <sanokistoka@yahoo.com> writes:

> Does anyone anticipate any issues running statistics while Derby 10.3.3.0 is
> online? Or am I better off bringing it offline?

Hi,

When you say statistics, are you talking about the runtime statistics
that you can obtain by executing the SYSCS_SET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS system
procedure followed by SYSCS_GET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS? If so, it should only
affect the session in which these procedures are executed, and I'm not
aware of any problems (performance or other) caused by running them on a
live system.

If you were asking about some other kind of statistics, please let us
know.

--
Knut Anders