db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Hill <Thomas.K.H...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: after insert trigger calling a procedure - how can I retrieve NEW values inside the procedure?
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:14:34 GMT
Hi,

passing the values worked fine, so I can now log the new values into my audit
log table.

Do you know if it would be possible to CHANGE the new values as well?

Background: Let's say my Client table has a column 'CreatedBy' in which I want
to store the role of the user that inserted the row. For a proper auditing I
need to ensure that ONLY the rolename of the user is stored - and the user has
no possibility to insert something different (in case he would ty on the insert
statement, whatever was specified here would be overwritten by the after insert
trigger).

In PL/pgSQL I would just add:
NEW.RoleName = CURENT_USER
into my after insert trigger SQL code.