db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Tomi N/A" <hef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: performance, memory consumption...and a big hello :)
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:18:34 GMT
2009/7/29 Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@sun.com>:
> Hello Tomislav,
> You might want to read this:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/StmtExecutionPlan
> Especially, follow the link for the QueryPlanJoinOrder.
> A new feature has also been introduced into the development trunk, called
> the XPLAIN style runtime statistics. It may or may not be of interest to
> you, consult the Derby Tuning Guide for more information.

Thanks, Kristian. I had looked in the Derby Tuning Guide and had
gotten the distinct impression that the available tools only display
information after the query has been executed which was not really
what I was looking for.
I look forward to future improvements (the XPLAIN statement, for example).

View raw message