db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Leroux <s...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Embedded Deryby Problem
Date Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:26:41 GMT
Hi Stanley,

It's hard to tell something useful without much information!

Stanley Chan a écrit :
>> oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.DatabaseException Internal
>> Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'mydb',
>> see the next exception for details. Error Code: 4000
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please send "the next exception" message since it may contains a more
detailed explanation of the error.
Maybe this message is not on your console, but I'm sure you will find it
somewhere (possibly in some "log" file). Did you have a stack trace that
will help to narrow down the problem?

Otherwise, have you tried to open your DB with ij? I assume this will
work since NetBeans is able to open the DB. Anyway, worth trying, at
least to check the connexion URL and/or a possibly problem with your
environment "shielded" by NetBeans...

I'm not sure this will help,
Sylvain

--