db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Gabor 'Morc' KORMOS <m...@baxter-it.com>
Subject Re: Corrupted database
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:29:48 GMT
  As said here's the update on this. I tried to fill up the datafile to
the same size as the corrupted file, but it turned out that records are
deleted from that table. Anyhow after copying page 0 the corrupted file
sprung back to life and there were records in the table although I have
no idea if they were the records which were active before the corruption
or contained deleted records too. Anyhow it was not necessary to recover
the data, so I did not spend more time on trying. I'm sure with
relatively little effort and by studying page/file structure available
on the website one could reconstruct page 0 and recover the data.

  Regards,

  Morc.