db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Using security manager to grant permission to db stored procedures
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:40:16 GMT
Sylvain Leroux wrote:
> Sylvain Leroux a écrit :
>> 1) Should I use the full JAR name 'MailHelper.jar.G1230379179336' as
>>  codebase in my "grant" rule?
>
> I failed to mention that the following rule does not seem to work:
>> grant codebase
>> "file:///path/to/db/jar/APP/MailHelper.jar.G1230379179336" {
>>     permission java.net.SocketPermission  "*:25", "connect"
>> }
>
> Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

I am not aware of any work that has been done to make it possible to
grant java security privileges to user-coded jar files that are stored
in the database. I also cannot find an existing enhancement request for
this. So I have created DERBY-4354 to track this issue. Feel free to
vote for this issue--that will improve its chances of being considered
for a future feature release.

Thanks,
-Rick