db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Alter database collation
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:38:52 GMT
Stefan Rehlig wrote:

> Hi,
>

> we’re using derby in one of our products. With the new version of our
> product we are facing a collation problem. For creating new databases
> on application setup we use the collation option TERRITORY_BASED.
> Older versions of our app did not use the collation parameter. So we
> need to find a way for altering the collation of these existing
> databases to territory based. Do you see any way to achieve this?

There is a Jira issue filed for this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-2856, but I don't think
anyone is working on it at the moment.  Please vote for this issue. I am
not sure how hard it is, but if you want to get involved in the
development community, I am sure there are those who will help.

Kathey