db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Derby 10.5 maintenance release
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 21:44:19 GMT
Dear Derby Users,

Recently the Derby development community voted on and approved the Derby release with many fine fixes.  Unfortunately, shortly  after
release we discovered a wrong results regression, DERBY-4331 [1].  The
regression was the result of the DERBY-3926 fix which corrected the
order for some queries but caused wrong ordering for others.

A fix for DERBY-4331 is now in the 10.5 branch and we are planning an
accelerated 10.5.3 release schedule to provide the fix to users [2].
The release has been marked deprecated on the website and we
encourage users to wait for 10.5.3 to deploy the maintenance release.

If you have already downloaded, please upgrade to 10.5.3 when
it is available.  If you wish to continue using in the
meanwhile, evaluate carefully the impact of DERBY-4331 on your
application.  The bug affects ordering of some queries that contain an
order by, have a join and use an index.  Derby may choose a different
plan depending on statistics and other runtime circumstances, so don't
assume queries that seem to order fine, will continue to do so.  If you
have queries that qualify, wait to upgrade before deploying or revert to

Sorry for any  inconvenience and thank you for waiting for the 10.5
maintenance release.

Kathey Marsden

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4331
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenFiveThreeRelease