db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Derby 10.5.1.1 regression
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 15:49:39 GMT
Brett Wooldridge wrote:
> If you are referring to the properties:
>
> derby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel=0
> derby.language.logStatementText=true
>
> Then yes, in my post yesterday with the attachment (derby.log), those
> properties were enabled.  I assume they would output to the derby.log
> not somewhere else?
>
> The
> error is actually producing on 10.5.2.0.  I was seeing it on 10.5.1.1 and so I upgraded
to see if it went away, but it is the same.

I am sorry Brett, I seem to be suffering from an overly agressive spam
filter which doesn't like your mails. I turned that puppy off so
hopefully won't miss anymore important mails.

This exception:

2009-08-03 09:37:07.078 GMT Thread[DRDAConnThread_8,5,derby.daemons]
(DATABASE = ziptie), (DRDAID = NF000001.G66C-665687070628570269{3}), An
IOException was thrown when reading a 'java.sql.String' from an InputStream.
2009-08-03 09:37:07.078 GMT : An IOException was thrown when reading a
'java.sql.String' from an InputStream.
java.sql.SQLException: An IOException was thrown when reading a
'java.sql.String' from an InputStream.
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.seeNextException(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.noStateChangeException(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.transferParameters(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.jdbc.XAStatementControl.getRealPreparedStatement(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredPreparedStatement.getPreparedStatement(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredPreparedStatement.getStatement(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredStatement.close(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAStatement.close(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.Database.close(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.Session.close(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.closeSession(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.handleException(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(Unknown Source)

Seems like it would be fixed with DERBY-4310. We have a fix for
DERBY-4310 but it has not been backported to 10.5 yet. But the protocol
error seems to occur before that and DERBY-4310 has always been an
issue, so nothing new with 10.5.  Still you might want to backport  the
DERBY-4310  fix to 10.5 to remove this error from the picture.

I don't see the XJ001 in the derby.log.  I plan to work on DERBY-1191
this week so hopefully with that fix we will get more information.

If the DERBY-4310 fix doesn't fix it, I agree with Bryan that it would
be good to get a Jira filed.   It will help us track all the puzzle pieces.

Kathey