db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Does derby support arrays
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 12:11:45 GMT
Paul Taylor wrote:
> Does Postgres supports array datatype ?
>
> i.e
> CREATE TABLE album
> (
>  attributes integer[] DEFAULT '{0}'
> }
>
> does derby support this it doesn't appear to, will it support it ?

Hello Paul,

No, Derby doesn't support the array data type [1].
I'm not aware of any plans to support it.
You're welcome to add a RFE to track any efforts of implementing support
for it:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY

Regards,
--
Kristian

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/JDBCSupport - this is getting a bit
outdated. For instance, I believe all Clob methods are now supported in
both drivers. I'll see if I can update the page. Others are free to
contribute as well of course :)