db-derby-user mailing list archives

From anna_a <frida.harrys...@gmail.com>
Subject problem: column values in database are not saved
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 06:24:15 GMT

Hi all,

I hope someone can give me a pointer or two about how to get around this
problem (i'm new to this and it's probably something really simple that i
haven't figured out yet);

in the database that i've created i've got a column called correlation which
has data type decimal and precision 3. If i for example want to change a
value from 1 to 0.5 I type in 0.5 and then press the "commit
record(s)"button. So far so good, it looks like everything's been saved like
i wanted it to. Now to the problem: if I choose to insert a new record the
decimal value I'd entered disappears and is replaced with the previous
integer (1 in this case). This only happens if i've updated the table by
entering a new decimal value, not if the new correlation is an integer like
0 for example. Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Anna