db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Prodoc81 <...@hobba.nl>
Subject Derby db files and folders (what to track)
Date Sun, 16 Aug 2009 20:13:50 GMT

I've got a Derby database embedded in a Java application. The complete
project, including the database, is stored in a repository for version
Several files and folders are present in a Derby database folder but which
ones are required to track? I.e. which files are essential for the Derby
database to function properly? There's for a 'log' and 'tmp' folder for

The main reason for asking it the fact that database files get changed even
though application only read from the database. Why is this? This causes the
problem that db files are marked changed but the question is if they should
actually be committed again.