db-derby-user mailing list archives

From nagl <neerav...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to create derby datasource
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:23:15 GMT

Hi,

I am using spring framework to create datasource using xapool and jotm.
I want a configurable datasource for oracle and derby.
The following are the bean definitions I am using:

[code]<bean id="innerorgDataSource"
		class="org.enhydra.jdbc.standard.StandardXADataSource"
		destroy-method="shutdown">
		<property name="transactionManager">
			<ref local="jotm" />
		</property>
		<property name="driverName">
			<value>${jdbc.ClassName}</value>
		</property>
		<property name="url">
			<value>
				${jdbc.org.URL}
			</value>
		</property>
</bean>
<bean id="orgDataSource"
		class="org.enhydra.jdbc.pool.StandardXAPoolDataSource"
		destroy-method="shutdown">
		<property name="dataSource">
			<ref local="innerorgDataSource" />
		</property>
		<property name="user">
			<value>${jdbc.org.user}</value>
		</property>
		<property name="password">
			<value>${jdbc.org.password}</value>
		</property>
		<property name="maxSize">
			<value>30</value>
		</property>
	</bean>[/code]

Following are the properties I am using for derby datasource:

[code]	org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
	jdbc:derby:target/derby/orgDB;create=true
	org
	org[/code]

Now when i am passing oracle properties for the placeholders the datasource
is successfully created.
But when i switch to derby i get the following error.

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot get connection for URL
				jdbc:derby:target/derby/luDB;create=true
			 : No suitable driver found for
				jdbc:derby:target/derby/luDB;create=true

Now I am using Maven for dependencies and have made sure that derby is
included in the dependency and its also clearly visible in the dependency
graph in eclipse.
What else can be the issue. Please put in your suggestions.