db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <de...@segel.com>
Subject RE: Does derby support arrays
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 12:19:19 GMT

Uhm ... well that's not 100% true. You can support arrays by putting them in
as a blob. But I don't think that's what the user meant.

Depending on how extensible Derby is, you could in theory create a data type
but I believe that's beyond Derby's capabilities. IDS allows for this type
of extensibility, but the real question is why?
You have a relational database, why would you want to store your data in an
array which has limited access types and depending on the size... not the
best for retrieving information?