db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Slightly scary replication error message
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:32:15 GMT
Alan Burlison <Alan.Burlison@Sun.COM> writes:

> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>
>> That may give you a cleaner log. I'm not sure if you gain anything else
>> from it. After stopping replication, you are going to throw away the
>> slave copy anyway, aren't you?
>
> Unless we are doing a failover, yes.

As far as I can see, this shouldn't be an issue for failover. The
shutdown exception that caused the "cannot redo" exception is only
generated when a stopSlave is issued or the slave controller detects
that a stopMaster or a shutdown has been issued on the master. It should
still be possible to boot the slave database after this,
though. Otherwise, it's a bug.

--
Knut Anders