db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Derby bug?
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 17:25:00 GMT
Egidijus Vaisnora <egidijus.vaisnora@nomagic.com> writes:

> Hello for All,
>
> Questions first:
>
> Deadlock between system tables - is it Derby bug?
> Is it possible to avoid deadlock by configuring derby DB, let say changing lock granularity?
>
> Issue:
>
> I am using 3d part library which makes all transactions with Derby and
> in one single situation (unfortunately not reproducible) I got error
> printing in log about deadlock. It could be 3d part library problem,
> however from the log it obvious that deadlock appeared on Derby system
> tables (they are managed by Derby itself), therefore, I think, it is
> related to Derby code, which doesn't synchronize two transactions
> accessing system tables. Here is log:

The SELECT transaction tries to select from a table (core_File) before
the DLL transaction creating that table has committed..

But you are right, it looks like a Derby DDL dead-lock issue.
Are your connections using auto-commit or not?

Dag

PS! The normal place for such discussion is the derby-user mailing
list, so I am moving it over there.