db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Close Derby DB
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 01:54:51 GMT
sivagururaja <sivagururaja@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Mr.Rick,
>
> I tried the following,
> DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:C:/MyDB;user=un;password=pw;shutdown=true");
> It throws, Database 'C:/MyDB' not found.
>
> If i remove the "shutdown=true", it works fine. Except the connection is not
> getting closed.
> And my schema is APP. As per documents "only the database owner can shut
> down the database."

'C:/MyDB' not found seems to indicate that the database hasn't been
created yet. Are you using the exact same string as in the connect
statement where you created the database?

The schema name doesn't matter here, I think.

If you are running with sqlAuthorization enabled, only the database
owner can shut down. The owner is the user name you provided when you
created the database.

Dag